Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Dinner at Mooey's

Weenie and I arrived at Mooey's with charcoal, wine, corn and eggplant. Mooey had already procured the shrimp and grouper. Turns out, this Asian market around the corner has an unbelievable assortment of fish for cheap! Four giant filets of grouper plus 1.5 pounds of cleaned and shelled shrimp for $20! At The Fresh Market, at least $40.

We poured the wine and started preparing dinner.


I lit the fire while Weenie marinated the shrimp. Then, while she prepared the fish I put them on skewers.

Then Weenie put me in charge of the shrimp. Bad idea. See, she's the chef. Me, I can boil hot dogs and make a mean frozen pizza. She was truly throwing caution to the wind! I took them to the grill and placed them as best I could.

Meanwhile, the fish was about to go in the foil.



Weenie put the lemons on the bottom and then put garlic, salt and pepper, olive oil and white wine in the little aluminum foil boats.

I was watching the shrimp cook drinking.

I managed to not totally ruin the shrimp. As soon as I took them off the grill, we devoured them in about 3 minutes.



Other items for dinner.





Everything was finally done and we plated the food. Mooey had whipped up a simple aioli to put on the fish. Basically, it was Hellman's, soy sauce, whole grain dijon mustard and lemon juice.


Everything was great but the fish was truly some of the best I've ever had. Weenie cooked it perfectly and coupled with the sauce, it was fantastic.

Then we proceeded to get our drink on.


Whoops.

No comments: