Monday, July 30, 2007

Idiot

See, here's what happened. I washed my camera.

I decided I was going to keep the "incident" from Weenie and simply replace the camera without her knowing it. I felt so stupid and irresponsible I didn't want her to know. It's not an inexpensive camera either but it's less than 1/2 the price now that it was when we originally bought it. So, I secretly bought it online and waited patiently for it to arrive. Weenie didn't even ask where it was because I'm usually the one to take the pictures. So Friday came and the camera finally arrived. I was really excited because I'd been worried sick my ruse would be discovered. I gently opened the box and removed all the contents. The camera was at the bottom and as I opened up the bubblewrap I noticed something was amiss. IT WAS THE WRONG COLOR. Who knew they came in other colors?! Here's the color I had.


This is what I got.


As you can see, there's no mistaking the difference. Weenie can tell if a letter has been moved on the dining room table. So, I had to fess up.

I started out the Instant Message by saying "I have something to tell you" which I knew would brace her for the worst. She asked me if she needed to call me and I told her that wasn't necessary. Then I said, "Here's what happened." She knew what that meant. Then I told her I washed the camera and she said "I'm speechless." Then there were crickets on the screen. I thought I was in trouble for sure but she forgave me. She was more mad I didn't tell her than the actual camera. Oh well! I got a new camera!

The problem now is my computer is not recognizing the new camera and I'm going to have to get a USB adapter. It will not outsmart me!

So, I've been waiting for the adapter to arrive to post pictures. I have tons to share. Hopefully, it will arrive tomorrow.

No comments: