Monday, September 10, 2007

ZZ Top

Thinking this was a good idea, I skipped out of work and met DP at the Bayou at 3:15. I ordered a beer and a shooter right away. He was on his second shot of Patron. Weenie joined us around 5:00. We were already buzzy so Weenie made it her task to catch up!

Thursday night we drove out to Mississippi to Snowden Grove to see ZZ Top. It took us an hour to get parked. Refuckingdiculous. Luckily, I'd packed 12 cans of Bud Light in the cooler.

We laid out our blankets right as the opening band said "good night everybody". I was pleased. There was a nice breeze blowing. Weenie went to fetch beers and we sat down. The lights went up and I took a picture of the crowd. It was packed.

If you look real close you can see Billy, Dusty and Frank.

It was at the end of the tour and their voices were tired but they sang all the songs I knew. It was great to see them. We left before the last song to beat the traffic. Tush was playing and we were singing at the top of our lungs all the way to the car.

No comments: