Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Christmas in New York Day Four

Saturday, we slept in and wanted pizza for lunch. We had heard of Patsy's in Harlem but we ran into a delivery guy in the elevator and he told us they were on Columbus too. So, we walked down a couple of blocks and found it easily.

The pizza was outstanding!

Then we cabbed it over to the MOMA. We really wanted to see the Van Gogh exhibit. We got in the long line and heard people say it was sold out. Then I freaked out. Mooey called her dad and he called the MOMA. They only sold a limited number of tickets daily for the show. 150 people every 30 minutes. I was near tears. Her dad said if we got up early the next morning and got in line, we were sure to get to see it. I was a little relieved but sceptical.

So, we grabbed another cab and went to the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame Annex in Soho.

No pictures were allowed in the exhibit but I managed to sneak a few out of the pouch of my hoodie.

The first room had all the inductees and their signatures. I had to take a picture of my man Prince.

Elton's shades.

Prince's guitar. They also had his purple coat from Purple Rain but it came out blurry.

After spending several hours here, we hailed a cab over to the Guggenheim. We only had about 90 minutes before it closed. They were showing a Catherine Opie exhibit including photos of drag kings.

The show was amazing. I felt really lucky to have been able to view it. It was also awesome watching the straight tourists reactions to some of the photos.

Then it was time to bar hop!

Patron to get the party started.


Then it was time for Malachy's. It was packed and they didn't know how to pour a Black and Tan so we left.

We ended up at P.D. O'Hurley's. Another Isish pub.

We had gotten hungry and decided to get some hot wings so we wouldn't get so drunk. They were really good and super hot.

Sweating.
Then Mooey had to brag about her new wallet from the M&M store.

Here's what I think of the wallet.

We left there and made one more stop. The P & G (the pig) is our favorite. We scored 2 seats at the bar and flirted with the cute bartender.

Here is my $8 pack of cigarettes from the bodega next door.

Jack for Mooey and Soco for me.

The shooter just about did us in. We got the giggles and had to retreat outside for a smoke.

Starving, we walked to Big Nick's and got a slice. It saved our life.

2 comments:

M said...

I really enjoy your blog and the photos you take. I visited NY last year & had a blast. Looks like ya'll had a great time too.

Anonymous said...

And suddenly... I crave pizza.