Wednesday, July 09, 2008


Friday, June 20th, Mooey, DP, Weenie and I took off to Pickwick for the weekend. Dyna and Lola were in another car meeting us. We were staying at Ronny and Susan's place. Here is the view from the deck. Stupid isn't it? Want to know what else is stupid? All 5 bedrooms have bathrooms. Can you believe they expected me to stay there?

We grilled burgers and dogs for supper before the real drinking started. And when I say "we", I mean Susan and Weenie. Others might have helped as well, as for not mentioning your name, I apologize.

Here is the stupid king size bed I had to sleep in. I think the sheets were made of butter. I could not stop rubbing them.
Mimosas before the boat.

Here we are on the boat. I'n not sure what has Weenie's attention here?

I was feeling a little under the weather on Saturday. It sucked. I think I had a touch of food poisoning from a burger I had for lunch on Friday.
DP took everyone for a ride on the Sea Doo. Here's Mooey taking her turn.

Then it was my turn.
Here we go!

Of course, we tumped the motherfucker over. Right on a dead fish. Guess who else fell off? NO ONE.
Since I felt so bad, I decided i would shotgun a beer to try and join in on the fun.

I barely kept it down. Whoops!
This is called "flinking". Floating and drinking. A term coined by our hostess Susan.

Lola decided to take her a tiny nap in the hammock. Also, extremely stupid.
The next day I was feeling much better. The beers went down quickly and often.


I was a little apprehensive when I first got on the Sea Doo. I got it up to 35 mph and my heart was racing. Later, I got on it again and slowly my fear ebbed away. I got that bitch up to 66. What an adrenaline rush!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!See how good I'm feeling?
More flinking.Dyna and Lola had to head back home early so we brought the boat back to the house and took a quick group pic.

Then we went back out for some more sun.

We went in around 6:30 and grilled out. We decided we were all too drunk to drive back to Memphis so we would just get up early in the morning. We ate and then went outside for some Texas Hold 'em.

Mooey was the big winner but I made a come back at the end. Monday morning came too quick and we were all miserable on the ride back. We had a blast at the lake and can't wait to go back!

No comments: