Monday, January 21, 2008

Christmas in NYC Day 4

I had never been to the Guggenheim before and wanted to see if they had any Chagalls so we jumped in a cab and headed over. The exterior was covered in scaffolding and I was very disappointed.

We could only take photos on the first floor.

The museum was great and they did have one Chagall and a whole bunch of Kandinskys. I love Kandinsky.

After the museum, Mooey wanted to check out this candy store. It's owned by Ralph Lauren's daughter.

It was like Willy Wonka land in there. The crowd was too much for me and I had to go outside. Mooey bought a bunch of candy including a cupcake for me!

I snagged this picture of Bloomingdale's while I was waiting.


We jumped in a cab and headed to Times Square. There I saw the M & M Megastore. OMG, I almost fainted with joy! I love all things M & M's.

This store was amazing. Three stories high! Check out all the different colors you could buy!

The store was very crowded but we managed to see everything. I bought several things but didn't go nuts.

Times Square.

The show were going to see started in about an hour so we dropped into Ray's Pizza for a slice. It was heavenly.

We had two short blocks to the show. There was already a line when we got there.

The show was brilliant. I cried about 7 times. I bought the soundtrack. OMG, I'm such a fig.

We got a cab back to the apartment. We needed to drop off our bags before dinner. Oh, and eat a cupcake.

Mooey and I split the cupcake from Dylan's Candy Bar. We had milk and everything. Too bad that didn't make up for a shitty dry cupcake.

Here's my awesome purchase from the M & M store. How fucking awesome is she?

We had dinner reservations with Mooey's parents and little brother here at 6:30. It was raining so we cabbed it.

We were sat immediately and we ordered pomegranate margaritas. They were so good!

They made this guacemole at the table and it was delicious and I don't even like guacemole.



I ordered the Alambre de Camarones which consisted of grilled shrimp marinated in a garlic vinaigrette with onions, tomatoes, serrano peppers and roasted tomato-jalapeno pepper sauce. It was so good I almost cried.

After 4 margaritas, we started walking back towards the apartment. I snapped this picture of the Christmas tree at Lincoln Center.

We hadn't had enough so we decided to go to the P & G Cafe for more drinks. About a block from the bar, the bottom fell out and we got soaked. Nothing a little Yuengling couldn't cure.

Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy.


After Mooey snapped this jewel, I thought they were going to ask us to leave. I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe. God we're obbie.

Oh, not obbie enough? Let's shoot Jack Daniels!


It was over after that. We stumbled the remaining three blocks home. I'm pretty sure Mooey ran into me a dozen times.

No comments: