Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Birmingham Day 2

Saturday morning came and went and we finally left the hotel around 1:30. We were all super hangy. Pizza was in order. We needed grease to soak up last night's beer. I had seen Cosmo's Pizza online and it looked good. We arrived and it was mostly empty because we had missed the lunch rush. I had originally thought there was no way I could drink alcohol. Weenie ordered a bloody mary and I followed suit. It was awesome and I started to feel better.



Check out the bloody mary bar they have. Hot sauces and garnishes!!

DP went to the bathroom and came back with a crazy story. He said they didn't have signs on the bathrooms designating men or women. They only had pictures of what was inside. Being incredibly astute, DP picked the one with the urinal. Sure enough, it looked exactly like the picture outside.

Chicks.
This pizza saved my life. It was terrific. And after two bloody marys, I was feeling on top of the world.

We left the pizza joint and had to make our pilgrimage to the local Harley place. Weenie had to get a t shirt.

We decided we would just go back to the hotel bar and drink and wait for the real reason we were in Birmingham. Shooters and beer were ordered. Finally, at around 7:45, I called a cab and they took us to the BJCC for the show.

To say we had been anticipating this show for a long time would be an understatement. DP and I are die hard Zeppelin fans and the thought of seeing rock god Robert Plant was almost too much.

We had pretty decent seats and when they came out, I got chills. The show was absolutely magical and Robert sang 7 Zeppelin songs including my all time favorite Hey, Hey What Can I Do? Alison Krauss was also amazing and when she joined Robert on Immigrant Song, I almost stopped breathing. The show went on for more than 2 hours and I never stopped smiling.

No comments: