Monday, May 12, 2008

Birmingham

The weekend after Orlando, we were off to Birmingham. I had just enough time to dump out my suitcase and fill it back up. We picked up DP around 1:00 and headed south. I think I napped. They woke me up in time to snap a picture of downtown.

We checked in around 5:30 and changed clothes. We got directions to The Fish Market and finally stumbled upon it after driving down one way streets the wrong way.

There was only one table outside so I told Weenie to just order me fried shrimp and I would save the table. At this restaurant, you go up to the counter and order your food and then they call you when it's ready. Weenie ordered fried crab claws. I gawked at the $19.99 price tag but as you can see, it's a fuck load of claws.


Here is my entree. Delicious.

As you can see, we had no trouble polishing off the claws. They were so freaking good.


We left the restaurant and went to 5 points. We had no idea where were going but found a near empty bar called the Twist & Shout.

We ordered beer and shooters. We were all so full we needed something to get the party started.

We went into the back room for pool.


And Foosball.
The dueling pianos started and it was awful. Absolutely terrible. So we asked the bartender if there was a dive bar we could go to within walking distance. He said he had just the place. He drew us a map. The place was called Upsidedown Plaza. As we approached the entrance, DP said, "Uh, I don't think this is a good idea." I said, "Come on!"

We walked down the stairs and entered the bar. It was the darkest, diviest bar I've ever encountered. We walked up to the bar and ordered beers. I looked at DP and said. "This is the best bar I've ever been in." The only lights were from the TV and beer signs.

Drunk.
Bartender Britney.
Shooter.
Around 2:00, we asked for the check. 24 beers. I cannot believe I missed taking a picture of the tab. I must've been too inebriated.

1 comment:

Miss Vicki said...

you're making me want some seafood black beer & shots of jack daniels!!