Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Cat Power

Weenie and I were lucky enough to get an invite to the private MTV screening of a Cat Power special being held at the Young Avenue Deli. I'm not sure when it will be aired. Anyway, we got there early and they turned us away and told us to come back. We went next door to Cafe Ole and had a couple of beers and a shooter to pass the time. Then we headed back over and there were already people in line and a line out the door.

Getting a beer took about 30 minutes. I mean, I feel pretty certain they knew how many people were on the guest list. They had 3 bartenders. We finally got our beers and found a place at the back where no one was standing. We ran into Shamaymay and PL. They hung back with us.

Here is Shamaymay with Weenie.


Here is Weenie and her boss.

The show finally started around 8:30 or so. Here's a little clip I took. Please bear in mind I'm not much of a videographer.




That's my friend Susan on the left singing backup (she was our hookup for the invite!)

The show was phenomenal and if you haven't bought Cat Power's latest record The Greatest, you must get it now!

No comments: