Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Greece Day 4

Since I went to bed at 8:30, I was up for the sunrise. The building was partially blocking the sun so Weenie ran downstairs with the camera. The front door was locked. We were trapped. So, we had to watch it from our balcony.




We got dressed, ate some breakfast and then went for a walk on the beach.

Then we both did some reading. Mooey was snorkeling.


We checked out around 11:30. Here is Mooey with Irene. She was so fucking nice. She loved us.We took a cab back to town for some shopping and lunch. The ferry left at 4:20.Mooey and I both bought these handmade rings in the same shop. Mine is on the right.Then it was time for lunch. Ellen, the snorkel instructor, recommended this place for it's seafood. We hadn't eaten any seafood yet because it's very expensive. Red snapper was $70 euro. I heard the Aegean was heavily overfished and certain fish were hard to come by.We looked over the menu. I noticed they had fried shrimp. I was excited. Mooey ordered an appetizer of mountain greens and Weenie ordered eggplant dip. Mooey said they tasted like a mountain. They also ordered entrees.


This is Mooey's eggplant with 4 cheeses. OMG, it was to die for. We had bread and it was great to dip in.No Diet Coke, it's Coke Light.Weenie ordered the mushrooms Albatross. It was garlic, potatoes, and mushrooms in a brown butter sauce. Holy shit it was good.


I waited and waited for my shrimp. I had thoughts of Red Lobster shrimp. I couldn't wait. You can imagine my surprise and horror when they laid this down in front of me. Heads, legs, tails and big giant black eyeballs. OMG. Are you kidding me? Mooey and Weenie started howling. I was furious.As you can tell here. I tried to peel some of them, but by that time there's wasn't much left. I think you are supposed to just eat the whole thing. I could not. So, I put my napkin on it and asked for the check.Since I was starving, I insisted on some dessert.


This is by far the best baklava I've ever had. Heavenly!We were waiting on the ferry at the cafe and I walked over to the water. I noticed a bunch of fish in the water. This picture has not been retouched at all. That's the color of the water.


Here's me and Weenie waiting by the windmill for the Ferry to dock. It was an hour late. Thanks.We watched the sun set on the ferry.


Once we arrived back at our hotel, we dressed for dinner. We all wanted pizza. I was starving. The pizza was great. The pepperoni was really thick and very tasty! We all had beers with dinner. Here is one of the hot waitresses that waited on us.And the other one. Hi!After dinner, I ordered Ouzo.Then the laughing began.We left the restaurant and went to the hotel bar. Dora was there.More Ouzo.And finally, one more Ouzo.

We closed the bar at midnight. It was bedtime.

2 comments:

Emmy said...

wow that looks like so much fun. I love good food good wine and good friends. have a drink for me.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a wonderful time. I'm so jealous!